Original Maryborough Site
- Parks and gardens
Pioneer graves help to create a sense of going back in time when visiting the Original Maryborough Site. The area forms part of the early history of Queensland. It is the site of the original Maryborough township, settled in 1848 before being abandoned around 1855 in favour of the city's current location.
Located on the banks of the Mary River about 4km from the centre of the city, the 30-hectare site has interpretive signage and markers identifying where establishment or original settlement took place, walkways and trails along the creek frontage and pioneer graves. Other facilities include picnic tables, wood BBQs, rubbish bins and toilets.
The Original Maryborough Site public toilets are currently closed. Alternative toilets are located at Anzac park Cnr of Alice and Cheapside Streets, Maryborough. We apologise for any inconvenience.
BBQ wood Picnic shelter Seating Toilets Water tap
Lot 3 Aldridge Street
Maryborough, QLD, 4650