Queens Park, Chippie Mark 4
- Memorial/Monument sites
Chippie was unveiled by Stephen Hiscock, Esq., The British Consul – General for Queensland, and blessed by the Reverend Graham Oates, B. Th., of St Pauls, Sunday, 10 May, 1998.
To mark the anniversaries of the granting to TOC H of the Royal charter by King George V and the gift of the central lamp of maintenance from Prince Edward, Prince of Wales, both in 1922. Also to commemorate the anniversary of the death of `Tubby’ Clayton, founder of TOC H, in December, 1972. He was born in the district of Maryborough, Queensland, 1885.
The effigy is given by P. E. J.Jardine, Esq., Tubby’s last A.D.C., on behalf of the Clayton family, TOC H, Cecil Thomas, O.B.E., F.R.B.S., (Sculptor), and A.D.C.s
The monument is located at the Queens Park entrance off Bazaar Street.
Maryborough, QLD, 4650