Town Hall Water Fountain
- Memorial/Monument sites
The water fountain is a monument to honour the memory of nurses Bauer and Wiles who served during the Pneumonic plague "The Black Death".
Australia's only outbreak of the pneumonic plague was in Maryborough in 1905. This fountain, situated to the Lennox Street side of City Hall, is a memorial to the two Nurses Cecilia Bauer and Rose Wiles who courageously volunteered to nurse victims of the plague. Whilst looking after their patients both nurses fell ill and died from the deadly disease.
Unveiled 13th August 1966 by P.A.Earnshaw CBE.,MB.,Ch.M.,F.R.A.C.P.
Maryborough, QLD, 4650