Local Law 7 - Waste Management
Local Law 7 - Waste Management (PDF,78.2kB) applies across the Fraser Coast region being originally gazetted on 13 April 2018 with amendments adopted by Council on 28 June 2023 and commencing on 7 July 2023.
The purpose and general effect of the local law is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by -
- Regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste;
- Regulating the disposal of waste at waste facilities;
- Ensuring that an act or omission does not result in:
- harm to human health or safety or personal injury;
- property damage or loss of amenity; or
- environmental harm or environmental nuisance.
Copies of the local and subordinate laws can be obtained from Council's administration centres, 77 Tavistock Street, Torquay or 211-213 Adelaide Street, Maryborough.
Last updated 10/07/2023