Local Law 7 - Waste Management
Local Law 7 - Waste Management (PDF,78.2kB) applies across the Fraser Coast region being originally gazetted on 13 April 2018.
The purpose and general effect of the local law is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by -
- Regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste;
- Regulating the disposal of waste at waste facilities;
- Ensuring that an act or omission does not result in:
- harm to human health or safety or personal injury;
- property damage or loss of amenity; or
- environmental harm or environmental nuisance.
Copies of the local and subordinate laws can be obtained from Council's administration centres, 77 Tavistock Street, Torquay or 211-213 Adelaide Street, Maryborough.
Last updated 12/04/2018