Applications now open for Australia Day 2023 event grants
Fraser Coast community groups and organisations planning events to celebrate Australia Day in 2023 can now apply for Council grants.
Mayor George Seymour said grants of up to $2000 were available for local Australia Day events.
“Australia Day is an opportunity to come together to celebrate the diversity of our community, and we encourage Fraser Coast community groups and organisations planning events for 26 January 2023 to apply for a Council grant,” he said.
“The event must be community-focussed with a wide audience appeal that celebrates Australia Day.”
Applications for Australia Day Community Celebrations grants are open now and close on 24 October 2022 with application forms and guidelines available at www.frasercoast.qld.gov.au/grants
Cr Seymour encouraged local residents to nominate for the Fraser Coast 2023 Australia Day Awards.
“The Australia Day Awards are a chance for us to celebrate and congratulate the many people who put so much time and effort into making our community such a fantastic place to live, work and play,” he said.
“We all know someone who inspires us. I urge individuals, members of service clubs, sporting clubs and schools to nominate hard-working colleagues, mates, selfless volunteers or students whose efforts deserve to be appreciated.”
The 2023 Australia Day Award categories include:
- Citizen of the Year;
- Young Citizen of the Year;
- Sportsperson of the Year;
- Young Sportsperson of the Year;
- Cultural Award of the Year;
- Young Cultural Award of the Year;
- STEM Award of the Year (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths);
- Young STEM Award of the Year (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths);
- Community Project or Event of the Year;
- Community Group or Organisation of the Year;
- Volunteer of the Year; and
- Young Volunteer of the Year.
Nomination forms for Australia Day Awards are available at www.frasercoast.qld.gov.au/australia-day with nominations closing on 5 December 2022.
The awards will be presented on Australia Day, 26 January 2023.