Phase one winners
|Raidin Hirayama-Kaarsberg and Byron Wright||Riverside|| |
A device to help the visually impaired
|Jack Clayton and Ebony Wallace||Maryborough State High School||Environmental protection|
|Victoria Heggie, Emily Elford and Jozephyne Kruger||St Mary's College||Tank float connected to an app. which alerts users when water is low|
|Felicia Page, Renoah Recinto and Olaedo Ibe||St Mary's College||Rubbish robot to clean up the Fraser Coast|
|Ryan Wheatley, Jackson Walker and Phoenix O'Connor||Urangan State High School||Lifewatch emergency app.|
|Faith Kernke and Ebony McIntyre||St Mary's College||Farmers connect app. to help farmers in drough and flood.|
|Skyla Birch and Ava Smith||St Mary's College||Heat sensory balls to stop dogs overheating|
|Ethan Cash, Charlie Morris and Sebastian Goddear||Hervey Bay State High School||Coding drones to track rubbish hot spots|
|Ava Wyatt and Rachel Van Herk||Urangan State High School||Cyber safety app.|
|Shakira Pearse||Maryborough State High School||A self-love app.|
What are the awards?
The Mayor's Telstra Innovation Awards builds on Council's and Telstra's ambitions for the future and encourages students in our region to start thinking today about the possibilities of tomorrow.
The awards have the purpose of encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship, helping students to unlock their problem solving potential and take their ideas to the next level.
Through this competition we are looking for a new idea that has a digital solution.
Entries must fulfil the following criteria:
- Applies to the topic - 'To create; communicate and construct ways the Fraser Coast community can increase accessibility; opportunities and well-being.'
- Design/planning inspiration.
- Storyboard, first stages of creating.
- Refining, prototyping, explaining, justifying.
- Embrace social responsibility - solves a social issue in the Fraser Coast Community.
- Utilise iteration and feedback.
Entries and video submissions can be made below. Entries are now closed.
Please complete consent forms and return via email to email@example.com
For consent forms and further information click here.
- Library Home
- About us
- Technology in the libraries
- Local History
- Children and Youth
- Toy Libraries
- Library events
- Lines in the Sand: Inspiration for Readers and Writers