WBBROC Water Services Design and Construction Code
Council is proposing to make amendments to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme to incorporate the WBBROC Water Services Design and Construction Code (PDF,1.4MB). This code will provide consistency across the Wide Bay Burnett when designing and constructing new water supply and sewerage assets.
The Wide Bay Burnett Regional Organisation of Council (WBBROC) recognised the benefits of a uniform code and proposed a WBBROC Urban Water Technical Committee to develop the WBBROC Water Services and Design Construction Code (PDF, 1.4MB) based on the SEQ Water Supply and Sewerage Design and Construction Code.
The committee was made up of WBBROC Members from each of the following Councils
- Bundaberg Regional Council
- Cherbourg Community Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- North Burnett Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
Since the implementation of the SEQ Water Supply and Sewerage Design and Construction Code has sought to provide the following benefits to the development and construction industry:
- Increased consistency in asset planning, design and construction standards across the SEQ region;
- Standardisation to support development planning;
- A common reference point for construction standards for the Regulator; and
- Better service and lower costs for customers.
Council welcomes your feedback on the proposal to adopt the WBBROC Water Services Design and Construction Code (PDF,4MB).
Please direct all enquiries and suggestions regarding this project to Council’s Wide Bay Water and Waste Directorate via email WBWWS.Development @frasercoast.qld.gov.au or phone Council on 1300 79 49 29.
Submissions close Friday, 25 January 2019.
For further information on this project, please contact Council on phone 1300 79 49 29.