Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance Grants announced
Ten Fraser Coast sport and community groups will share in $78,000 in Council grants for a range of new equipment such as water cannons, solar-powered pumps and portable shade tents.
Fraser Coast Regional Council today announced the successful applicants under the 2019-20 Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance Grants program.
“The Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance Grants offer one-off funding to develop infrastructure to assist in the growth and engagement of sport or active recreation across the Fraser Coast region,” Cr James Hansen said.
“Sport and active recreation groups play a vital role in providing avenues which helps boost the number of people engaged in physical activity and improve the health and wellbeing of Fraser Coast residents
“The grants also help the groups build capacity to grow and cater for new members.”
Grants will be provided to:
- Hervey Bay Swimming Club: portable shade, upgrade shed security, new fridge and freezer, $5,000;
- Hervey Bay Archers: covered training area awning, $8,680;
- Hervey Bay Hockey Association: Installation of Turf Water Cannons, $5,000;
- Maryborough Amateur Athletics Club: Upgrade and repairs to field lighting, $10,000;
- Hervey Bay Triathlon Club: portable shade tents for outdoor events, $5,500;
- Fraser Lakes Golf Club: solar pump for improved irrigation and water sustainability, $5,475;
- Burrum District Golf Club: Automatic irrigation system and irrigation works, $10,000;
- PCYC Hervey Bay: Installation of bathroom water use reduction devices, $8,748;
- Maryborough Speedway: critical lighting repairs,$10,000;
- Fraser Coast Outrigger Canoe Club: compound shade extension and purchase of two laptops and printers, $9,825.20.