Pialba Youth Precinct
In October 2015, Council adopted the Hervey Bay Esplanade Tourist Precinct Master Plan which included high-level master plans for each of the four high profile tourist precincts within Hervey Bay, including Pialba. Key actions identified in the Pialba Precinct included, but were not necessarily limited to, the adventure playground, skatepark and enhancements to the stage area.
The following works are to be undertaken as part of the project.
- Provide an internal carpark;
- Design and construct a skate and parkour youth space facility;
- Improve connectivity through the space and linking WetSide and the All Abilities playground;
- Refurbish the existing toilet and stage area with the inclusion of a large LED screen; and
- Undertake landscape works.
TIMEFRAMES DATE STATUS Design phase Sep / Dec 2018 Complete Call for tenders Nov 2018 / Jan 2019 Complete Tenders awarded Jan / Feb 2019 Complete Onsite construction Mar / May 2019 Commenced Project completion Aug / Sept 2019 Not commenced
Note: Project timeframes are subject to contract and weather and may change.